It's easy to become a volunteer!
Just follow these simple instructions... We'll help you along the way if you have any questions...
Volunteer mentors and group facilitators (any volunteer that works directly with youth):
1) Email the Volunteer Coordinator (email@example.com) to receive an application.
2) Wait for your background check results.
- The CPS form in your volunteer application package should be read carefully before returning.
- We also check Marion County IMPD, the National Sex Offender Registry, and DCS fingerprint-based criminal history. The cost of all of the background checks is $15, paid to Indiana Youth Group via check or cash.
3) Attend a volunteer training - we will email you dates, include them in our weekly volunteer newsletter and post dates on social media.
After this you'll be able to shadow a current volunteer three times before becoming an official IYG youth mentor!
To become any other type of volunteer (help with the art auction or other events, committee members, admin help, facility maintenance, etc):
1) Complete a volunteer application
Email the Volunteer coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive an application.
2) Begin the background check process
Depending on your role, various types of background checks are required.
Thank you in advance for considering volunteering with Indiana Youth Group!